Hairstroke Brows by Tanya Chasse $595
Microblading (often referred to as hairstroke brows) is created using a handheld tool carrying tiny needles called a microblade. Using gentle pressure, Tanya will gently deposit the pigment between your brow hairs to create feather-like hairstrokes, creating the illusion of individual eyebrow hairs.
When healed, microblading will leave you with completely natural results and is perfect for anyone who isn’t used to wearing a lot of makeup on a daily basis. Microblading is also perfect for people who have been a victim of overplucking in the 90s (we’re all guilty of it), as it enables us to fill in those gaps and create natural-looking, fluffier brows.
Like most permanent makeup treatments, microblading is a two-step process. Your initial treatment will be where we map out your new brows and complete the treatment. You may likely be slightly reserved at this appointment and request only a subtle change to your original shape and color. That is entirely normal – this is why we have the second appointment.
The second visit comes 6-8 weeks after your initial appointment and at this stage, the pigment in your brows may have slightly faded (again, completely normal – this is all a part of the healing process). We like to class the first appointment as the ‘primer’.
At your second appointment, we will fill in any areas we feel need more pigment adding and at this point, you may feel ready to add more color and definition to your new brows.
Sometimes a third session may be necessary to perfect the design fully. Although microblading is a tattoo, it may fade over time and require annual color boosts.
Unfortunately, microblading is not recommended for those who suffer from oily skin. You may need to look at other eyebrow tattoo alternatives if you have an oily skin type.
Book your consultation today and see why lead artist Tanya is Pittsburgh’s most sought-after microblading artist.
Microblading Aftercare Advice
Chasse Permanent Makeup Aftercare Instructions For Microbalding
Full aftercare advice will be provided to you following your microblading treatment, however, here are just a few things to think about:
- Blot your Eyebrows with clean paper towel throughout the day to remove blood droplets.
- Rinse the tattooed Eyebrow area with warm water and a small amount of neutral mild soap. Please clean your eyebrows everyday with soap and water, they are a couple of wounds, keep them clean. Pat dry gently.
- Do not use antibacterial soap such as Dial or acne soaps.
- Apply a thin fresh layer of After Care Ointment, once a day for the next 7 days.
- Area may feel dry and tight. Do not scratch.
- Do not use Vaseline, Neosporin, Aquaphor or Bacitracin, these products may draw pigment out.
- Clean Ice pack may be used, no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- No Scrubbing. Do not rub, wipe, or scratch area. Use patting motions only.
- Do not expose the area to full pressure of the shower.
- Do not pick at crust, this could cause pigment loss, scarring, and delayed healing.
- Do not expose to sun or tanning bed while outer healing progresses